Improved visibility at steeper angles without negatively
impacting tactile feel and acoustic needle shadowing:
Most experts agree that short bevel needles (30-45°) carry less risk of causing nerve injuries during PNB than sharp needles with longer beveled tips5.
1. IMS data, Q1 2009–Q1 2010
2. A. Sardesai, N. Denny., M. Herrick, A. Lynch, A.W. Harrop-Griffiths, " A study of the characteristics of single-injection insulated block needles in a biologic model." RAPM Vol. 29 No. 5, (Sept.- Oct., 2004.)
3. "Leading Competitior" microscope images from Uni. of Hanover, Pajunk SonoPlex item # 001185-77
4. "Stimuplex Ultra" microscope images form Uni. of Hanover, B. Braun item # 4894260U
5. Admir Hadzic, Periperal Nerve Blocks: Principles and practices. 2004. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.