Only a Clean Wound Can Heal
Choose a category or subcategory
The Prontosan® Difference
Millions of people around the world who have chronic wounds are looking for fast, lasting healing. B. Braun's innovative Protosan® Wound Solutions and Gels are designed for optimal wound management. The Prontosan difference are the two ingredients in the wound solutions and gels that combine to maximize cleansing power:
- PHMP (Polyhexanide) functions as a preservative (also found in contact lense solution) that inhibits the growth of micro-organisms within the product.
- Betain (surfactant) is a surface-active cleanser that provides immediate debridement.
Prontosan Wound Solutions may be used on ulcers, first and second degree burns, partial and full thickness wounds, and surgical incisions. Prontosan Wound Gel-X also is indicated for small and large surface wounds.
Prontosan Wound Management
- Wound Gel impedes microbial penetration,1 removes wound coatings,2 and cleans wounds of foreign materials that impede healing.
- Gel X is a viscous gel that is an effective microbial barrier that facilitates autolytic debridement.
- Irrigation Solution is intended for cleaning wounds and for moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings.
Prontosan ® Wound Irrigation Solution, 1000mL Bottle
Compatible with V.A.C. VeraFlo™ Therapy delivered by the V.A.C. Ulta Therapy Unit
1 Data on file.
2 In-vitro test for comparing the efficacy of wound rinsing solutions, Kaehn, Kurt, Eberlein, Thomas. British Journal of Nursing, 2009 (Tissue Viability Supplement), Vol 18, No 11. 4-10.