B. Braun Medical to Showcase its Robust Pharmacy Portfolio at ASHP
ASHP Midyear Meeting: The largest gathering of pharmacists in the world
BETHLEHEM, PA – December 4, 2015 – B. Braun Medical Inc. will exhibit its robust portfolio of pharmacy products and reveal its latest technology at this year’s American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) 50th Midyear Clinical Meeting at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA, Dec. 6-10.
B. Braun Medical will again be a sponsor of the Intelligent Pharmacy™ Pavilion – where meeting participants can experience healthcare scenarios in various simulation rooms, following a patient from pharmaceutical order entry to delivery and listening to case studies as actors demonstrate the latest technologies.
In the pavilion’s “pharmacy” and “NICU”, B. Braun Medical will showcase its new micro compounder – APEX™ – used in conjunction with its own clinical support software TPN Manager (both coming soon). Through its browser-based TPN Manager software, APEX enables healthcare providers to enter parenteral nutrition orders at the patient’s bedside using an iPad or other tablet computer. Orders will be electronically transmitted directly to the APEX Compounder, thereby helping to reduce manual programming errors, eliminate transcription errors, and expedite patient care.
Also in the “pharmacy”, the company will demonstrate its PharmView application, DoseTrac® infusion management software. In the “nursing unit”, B. Braun Medical will demonstrate the features of its second-generation, large-volume Infusomat® Space Pump, including its AutoComplete™ Integrated EMR functions (auto-programming, auto-documentation and auto-notification).
“Our show booth and our simulations in the Intelligent Pharmacy Pavilion provide excellent opportunities for attendees to see firsthand how B. Braun’s product and technology portfolio can help improve patient and clinician safety and enhance healthcare outcomes,” said Rick Williamson, Vice President of Pharmaceutical Marketing at B. Braun Medical.
In addition, the company has sponsored two Continuing Professional Education (CPE) symposia: Phil Ayers, BS, Pharm.D., BCNSP, FASHP, Baptist Health Systems will present “ASPEN Parenteral Nutrition Safety Consensus Recommendations: Minimizing Errors with Technology.” The presentation will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Room 384, Level 3 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Joseph Coyne RPh, Coyne Consulting LLC and Martha Polovich PhD, RN, AOCN, Georgia State University will present “Ready for USP <800>? A Practical Implimentation Guide.” The presentation will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in Room 295, Level 2 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
At Booth #2147, B. Braun Medical will showcase the following products:
- APEX™ Compounder (which is coming soon)— From its larger, brighter screen, and 26 ports to its dual-drive technology and automatic delivery as low as 0.2 mL, APEX is designed to outperform existing compounders. APEX’s user-friendly interface, with cutting-edge software compounds TPN, CRRT and Cardioplegia. Direct electronic communication from physician to pharmacist reduces the risk of manual programming errors and eliminates transcription errors. B. Braun also has sponsored a non-CPE ASHP Leadership Theater Presentation: "Using Technology to Improve PN Safety," which will be presented by Phil Ayers, BS, Pharm.D., BCNSP, FASHP, Baptist Health Systems, on Monday, Dec. 7th, 12:15 p.m. – 12:40 p.m. at the Intelligent Pharmacy Pavilion, in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Infusomat® Space Pump — With the goal of improving patient outcomes, B. Braun Medical’s second-generation Infusomat Space Pump integrated with DoseTrac and AutoComplete are the building blocks for the company’s Synchronized Intelligence Infusion Platform™. The pump is the first step to a wireless, integrated technology system that ultimately can help clinicians achieve 100% drug library compliance, minimize medication errors and reduce alarm alerts. Its compact and intuitive design allows for flexibility and easy transport within a healthcare facility, promoting efficiencies in hospital or outpatient settings.
- OnGuard™ CSTD — This closed-system transfer device (CSTD) underscores B. Braun Medical’s commitment to helping protect healthcare workers from accidental exposure to hazardous drugs. Visit our booth to learn about the six reasons to use OnGuard. It meets the proposed USP <800> requirements and the NIOSH definition of a CSTD and is designed to work in harmony with your existing technique, not against it. OnGuard also is FDA cleared with the ONB product code. To learn more about hazardous drug exposure and to download an educational poster, visit www.CytotoxicExposure.com.
- Meropenem — B. Braun Medical recently added Meropenem to its drug delivery portfolio, expanding its offering of intravenous antibiotic therapies via its DUPLEX® container. The DUPLEX container saves time, labor, and speeds dispensing because it can be stored in an automated dispensing cabinet in healthcare settings.
- E3TM IV containers — E3 represents the latest advancement in IV container technology in more than 25 years. Exposure to DEHP and PVC has been a growing concern for healthcare facilities around the world. B. Braun was the first medical device manufacturer to remove these toxic materials from many products, and today is the only supplier that offers a full line of solution containers that are not made with DEHP, PVC, or natural rubber latex.
Visit www.bbrauncares.com to learn how B. Braun Medical is committed to protecting people and the environment while improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs through its product and technology portfolio.
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 54,000 employees in more than 60 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.