B. Braun to Feature Comprehensive Admix Approach, New Micro Compounder and More at ASPEN
American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Clinical Nutrition Week
BETHLEHEM, PA – January 14, 2016 – Focused on patient and customer needs, B. Braun Medical Inc. will feature the latest services and technology in its robust parenteral nutrition portfolio at this year’s American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.) Clinical Nutrition Week, Jan. 16-19 in Austin, TX. Clinical Nutrition 360, a comprehensive approach designed to meet all nutrition admixing needs, will be the company’s focus at Booth #415.
“Clinical Nutrition 360 is an innovative, full-service approach to meeting the individualized clinical needs of patients and our customers,” said Rick Williamson, Vice President of Pharmaceutical Marketing at B. Braun Medical. “Whether through in-house compounding or outsourcing, Clinical Nutrition 360 can help optimize the safe administration of the appropriate parenteral nutrition products for the individual needs of patients.”
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), a market leader in outsourced parenteral nutrition, is an important component of Clinical Nutrition 360. With 23 regional locations, CAPS offers the largest network of pharmacies that deliver same-day customized compounding for neonates, pediatrics, and adults.
B. Braun also will showcase its APEX™ micro compounder – (coming soon) – used in conjunction with its own clinical support software TPN Manager with Trissel’s™ Ca/P Safety Check Software. APEX is designed to outperform existing compounders — from its larger, brighter screen, and 26 ports to its dual-drive technology and automatic delivery as low as 0.2 mL. Its user-friendly interface, with cutting-edge software compounds TPN, CRRT and Cardioplegia. Through its browser-based TPN Manager software, healthcare providers can enter parenteral nutrition orders at the patient’s bedside using an iPad or other tablet computer and electronically transmit those orders directly to the APEX compounder. This direct communication is designed to help reduce manual programming errors, eliminate transcription errors, and expedite patient care.
Additional parenteral nutrition products and services supporting B. Braun’s Clinical Nutrition 360 that will be featured at Booth #415 include:
- CAPSLink™ order entry software, which provides customers with a critical transcription double-check for catching PN ordering errors.
- CAPS’ new standardized Neonatal Starter bag offering with up to 30 days Beyond Use Dating.
- The PINNACLE® TPN Management System, which streamlines and manages all aspects of the TPN process, improving efficiency and safety when compounding in the pharmacy. Also being featured will be the enhanced, easy-to-use PINNACLE TPN Manager Software, which allows pharmacists to enter orders remotely using iPads.
- Clinical nutrition compounding offerings not made with natural rubber latex, DEHP or PVC: Sterile Water for Injection USP in 2L and 3L flexible containers, and 70% Dextrose for Injection USP in 2L flexible containers and Nutrilipid 20% (I.V. fat emulsion). Exposure to DEHP and PVC has been a growing concern for healthcare facilities around the world. B. Braun was the first medical device manufacturer to remove these toxic materials from many products, and today is the only supplier that offers a full line of solution containers that are not made with DEHP, PVC, or natural rubber latex. These pharmacy bulk package products are used with B. Braun’s PINNACLE TPN Management System and other automated compounding devices.
- B. Braun’s valued line of Parenteral Solutions to meet both basic and specialty nutrition needs, including some parenteral nutrition industry firsts such as TrophAmine® (10% amino acid injection), HepatAmine® (8% amino acid injection) and ProcalAmine® (3% amino acid and 3% glycerin injection with electrolytes).
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 54,000 employees in more than 60 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.