B. Braun Commitment to Home Infusion Therapy on Display at NHIA 2018
BETHLEHEM, PA – April 18, 2018 — With a long history of supporting the home infusion market, B. Braun Medical Inc. will showcase its extensive portfolio of products, services, and technology at this year’s National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) Conference & Exposition at the Phoenix Convention Center from April 23-26.
As part of its presence at NHIA, B. Braun is sponsoring The Sterile Compounding Clinic through the donation of product. The Clinic will deliver comprehensive training for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians for specialty and home infusion therapy. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., will share its expertise with two featured speakers.
“For more than 25 years, B. Braun has had a strong commitment to the home infusion space, focusing on patient safety and pharmacy efficiency,” said Rick Williamson, VP of Marketing, Channel Development. “We are proud members of the NHIA Future of Infusion Advisory Council (FIAC), where we work in collaboration with industry partners dealing with today’s issues and create a strong future for the home infusion industry.”
The products and services B. Braun will feature at booth #215 will include:
- Parenteral Nutrition 360 (PN360) – This comprehensive therapeutic approach to parenteral nutrition includes products, education, training, and consultative services designed to improve neonatal, pediatric and adult patient outcomes. Customized Parenteral Nutrition options provide an opportunity to create individualized nutrition that is as unique as the patient receiving it.
- Parenteral Nutrition Solutions – B. Braun offers a wide selection of Parenteral Nutrition solutions including amino acids, dextrose, sterile water for injection, lipid emulsions, and related additives.
- APEX® Compounding System – For facilities that need in-house compounding capability, this macro and micro compounder incorporates a large user interface, 26-lead preassembled sets, and dual-drive filling technology with automated delivery as low as 0.2 mL.
- The PINNACLE® TPN Management System – An integrated system of technology and software that streamlines the ordering, compounding, and delivery of Parenteral Nutrition, the PINNACLE TPN Management System is designed to improve safety and efficiency when compounding in the pharmacy.
- Easypump® ST/LT Elastomeric Infusion Pump – A disposable, easily transportable pump for short or long-term infusions, the Easypump is designed to give clinicians and nurses the option to deliver pre-determined amounts of medication to patients in a continuous and accurate manner, either in the hospital or at home. The pump features a patented “Sliding Core” technology designed for consistent, concentric balloon contraction, and its components are not made with natural rubber latex or DEHP.
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include ostomy and wound care, dialysis, nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.