Only a Clean Wound Can Heal
Choose a category or subcategory
The Prontosan® Difference
Millions of people around the world who have acute or chronic wounds are looking for fast, lasting healing. B. Braun's innovative Prontosan® Wound Solutions and Gels are designed for optimal wound management. The Prontosan difference are the two ingredients in the wound solutions and gels that combine to maximize cleansing power:
- PHMB (Polyhexanide) functions as a preservative (also found in contact lens solution) that inhibits the growth of micro-organisms within the product.
- Betaine (surfactant) is a surface-active cleanser that provides immediate debridement.
Prontosan Wound Solutions may be used on ulcers, first and second degree burns, partial and full thickness wounds, and surgical incisions. Prontosan Wound Gel X also is indicated for small and large surface wounds.
Prontosan Wound Management
- Wound Gel impedes microbial penetration,1 removes wound coatings,2 and cleans wounds of foreign materials that impede healing.
- Gel X is a viscous gel that is an effective microbial barrier that facilitates autolytic debridement.
- Irrigation Solution is intended for cleaning wounds and for moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings.
Prontosan ® Wound Irrigation Solution, 1000 mL Bottle
Compatible with V.A.C. VeraFlo™ Therapy delivered by the V.A.C. Ulta™ Therapy Unit
Prontosan ® Wound Gel X, 250g Tube
For maintaining a clean and moist wound environment conducive to healing
Contact one of the authorized DME suppliers listed below to order Prontosan products.
|Distributor||Customer Service||Order Online|
|AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation||1-610-727-7000
|Burmans Medical Supplies||1-844-800-5770||http://www.burmansmedical.com/|
|Henry Schein Medical / Foot and Ankle||1-800-323-5110||https://www.henryschein.com/us-en/medical/default.aspx?did=medical|
|Integrated Medical Systems||1-800-755-3800||http://www.integratedmedsys.com/|
|KCI (Kinetic Concepts, Inc.)||1-800-275-4524||www.KCI1.com
|McKesson Medical Surgical||1-800-811-8528||http://www.mckesson.com/|
|Medical Supply Company (MMS)||1-800-736-2116
|Medline Industries, Inc.||1-855-404-3943||https://www.medline.com/|
|Mercy Surgical Dressing Group, Inc.||1-888-637-2912|
|Prism Home Medical Supply||1-888-244-6421
|Shield Healthcare, Inc||1-800-765-8775||http://shieldhealthcare.com/|
1 Data on file.
2 In-vitro test for comparing the efficacy of wound rinsing solutions, Kaehn, Kurt, Eberlein, Thomas. British Journal of Nursing, 2009 (Tissue Viability Supplement), Vol 18, No 11. 4-10.