Only a Clean Wound Can Heal
Choose a category or subcategory
The Prontosan® Difference
Millions of people around the world who have acute or chronic wounds are looking for fast, lasting healing. B. Braun's innovative Prontosan® Wound Solutions and Gels are designed for optimal wound management.
The Prontosan Wound Care Products combine to maximize cleansing power with these two ingredients contained within each product:
- PHMB (Polyhexanide) functions as a preservative (also found in contact lens solution) that inhibits the growth of microorganisms within the product. How PHMB Works: When the PHMB comes in contact with bacteria, the outer cell wall of the bacteria is disrupted resulting in leakage of cytoplasm and cell death. As a consequence, cell replication ceases and mutation can not occur.
- Betaine (surfactant) is a surface-active cleanser that provides immediate debridement.
Prontosan Solutions and Gel: Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing Successfully Meets USP <51> Category 2 Critera
|Organisms||Result Day 14||Result Day 28|
|Escherichia coli (ATCC 8739)||Greater than 2.0 log reduction from the initial count||No increase from the 14 days count|
|Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC 9027)||Greater than 2.0 log reduction from the initial count||No increase from the 14 days count|
|Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538)||Greater than 2.0 log reduction from the initial count||No increase from the 14 days count|
|Candida albicans (ATCC 10231)||No increase from the initial calculated count||No increase from the initial calculated count|
|Aspergillus niger (ATCC 16404)||No increase from the initial calculated count||No increase from the initial calculated count|
No microbial growth was observed at 7, 14, and 28 days for the following organisms:
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Enterobacter cloacae
- Enterococcus faecallis
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE)
- Eschericia coli
- Proteus mirabilis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Serratia marcescans
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Candida albicans
1 Preservative effectiveness demonstrated using USP <51>, with an expanded list of organisms, to support the role of PHMB as a preservative to inhibit microbial growth within the product during self storage.
Prontosan Wound Solutions may be used on ulcers, first and second degree burns, partial and full thickness wounds, and surgical incisions. Prontosan Wound Gel X also is indicated for small and large surface wounds.
Prontosan Wound Management
- Wound Gel removes wound coatings and cleans wounds of foreign materials.
- Gel X is a viscous gel that is an effective microbial barrier that facilitates autolytic debridement.
- Irrigation Solution is intended for cleaning wounds and for moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings.
Prontosan ® Wound Gel X, 250g Tube
For maintaining a clean and moist wound environment conducive to healing
Contact one of the authorized DME suppliers listed below to order Prontosan products.
|Distributor||Customer Service||Order Online|
|Burmans Medical Supplies||1-844-800-5770||http://www.burmansmedical.com/|
|McKesson Patient Care Solutions||1-855-404-6727||https://mpcs.mckesson.com/|
|Mercy Surgical Dressing Group, Inc.||1-888-637-2912|
|Prism Home Medical Supply||1-888-244-6421
|Shield Healthcare, Inc||1-800-765-8775||http://shieldhealthcare.com/|