Streamline is the new standard in blood tubing featuring a simple, airless system.
Streamline bloodlines feature an efficient and airless design intended to improve performance. They use less tubing and fewer connections to simplify setup and use. The Streamline bloodlines are designed to reduce dialysate flow, dialyzer size, treatment time and optimize dose delivery, as measured in Kt/V.
Anatomy of Streamline
Airless Arterial Pressure Pod
- Streamline's POD technology replaces conventional bloodline drip chambers and transmits arterial pressure to the hemodialysis machine without blood-air contact.
- Hemodialysis studies show that elimination of blood-air interface may reduce the risk of clotting which may lower heparin needs as compared to a conventional bloodine and decrease the number of blood-side machine alarms.1,2
- No need for external transducer protectors.
- Streamline eliminates the need for conventional transducer protectors because the POD isolates the patient's blood from the hemodialysis machine.
Locksite® Needleless Access
- Needleless access port which provides ready access to the arterial line and saline line without the use of sharps.
- Replaces conventional bloodline injection ports to help prevent accidental needlestick.
Simplified Tubing Design
- Optimized tubing length reduces extracorporeal volume and saline requirements.
- Reduces biohazard waste.
Venous Vortex Chamber
- Streamline's venous chamber is run without an air gap and is designed so that blood flows in a circular "vortex" manner to reduce stagnation, foaming, splashing, and microbubble formation.
Slim Venous Filter
- Designed to reduce clotting by reducing blood to surface contact.
Venous Airless Pressure Pod
- Streamline's POD technology replaces conventional bloodline drip chambers and transmits venous pressure to the hemodialysis machine without blood-air contact.
- Hemodialysis studies show that elimination of blood-air interface may reduce the risk of clotting which may lower heparin needs as compared to a conventional bloodline and decrease the number of blood-side machine alarms.1,2
Streamline blood tubing sets are prescription devices and, like all medical devices, involve some risks. Failure to observe all warnings and precautions noted in the Streamline Instructions for Use may result in serious complications, including blood loss due to clotting or air entering the bloodstream. Each patient’s care plan should be determined by the physician, based on the individual facts and circumstances of the patient. The use of anticoagulation is at the discretion of the prescribing physician.
1 Kitamoto Y, Fukui H, Matsushita K, Sato T, Soejima H, Noguchi Y, Kasama T. Suppression of thrombin formation during hemodialysis with triglyceride. ASAIO J. 1993;39(3):M581-M583.
2 Polaschegg HD. The extracorporeal circuit. Semin Dial. 1995;8(5):299-304.