Zero dead space. Advanced protection against CRBSIs
ULTRAPORT™ Zer0 is the first closed system stopcock with zero dead space, designed to reduce the chance of catheter related blood stream infections (CRBSI) and to simplify IV fluid or drug administrations. The added benefits of this innovative stopcock are that it:
- Has zero dead space and therefore no residual drug.
- Automatically primes, easily removing air bubbles that may be hazardous to certain patient types.
- Automatically flushes, reducing the number of accesses required to complete IV fluid or drug administration.
- Avoids leaks if handle is inadvertently left open
- Eliminates caps, reducing set changes
Study results showed 0% (0/152) effluent contamination with ULTRAPORT Zer0 when disinfected.3
- Loftus R, Koff MD, Burchman CC., et al. Transmission of pathogenic bacterial organisms in the anesthesia work area. Anesthesiology. 2008. 109:3.
- Yebenes J, Martinez R, Serra-Prat M ,et al. Resistance to the migration of microorganisms of the needle-free disinfectable connector: Am J Infect Control. 2003; 26;31:462)
- Presentation, Randy W. Loftus, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Matthew D. Koff,MD Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, “Intraoperative Infection Control: A Paradigm Shift”, Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC) Annual Conference (June 4, 2012).