Longer Length Peripheral Catheters help reduce the risk of catheter failure and complications associated with accessing deeper veins 1-4
The Introcan Safety® Deep Access IV Catheters are designed to facilitate ultrasound-guided procedures where access to deeper veins is desired. These types of IV procedures are usually required for patients with difficult vascular access, including overweight/obese patients.3 Short PIVCs have been associated with several complications related to deeper vessels, such as catheter-related thrombophlebitis, dislodgment, and infiltration.1, 3, 4 The Introcan Safety Deep Access IV Catheters are designed to allow clinicians to leave more catheter in the vessel and help reduce the risk of complications.
The Introcan Safety Deep Access IV Catheters are part of the Introcan Safety family of IV catheters and include all the same features that have made Introcan Safety a leader in peripheral vascular access.
Introcan Safety Deep Access IV Catheters are:
- Visible under ultrasound. The needle tip and catheter are visible under ultrasound, providing a visualization aid during the insertion process.5
- Made using polyurethane material. Polyurethane and longer lengths associated with extending the duration of therapy.1
- Designed to prevent accidental needle sticks. The fully automatic passive safety shield requires no manual activation, CANNOT BE BYPASSED, and prevents needle reinsertions.
1. Stone RN, Phillip, Myer MSN, RN, CRNI, VA-BC, Britt, et al. Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral I.V. Access: Guidelines for Practice, American Nurse Today website.
2. Moore MD, Christopher L., Ultrasound First, Second, and Last for Vascular Access, Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2014 33:7. doi: 10.7863/ultra.33.7.1135, 1135-1142.
3. Elia MD, Fabrizio, Ferrai MD, Giovanni, et. al. Standard-Length Catheters vs Long Catheters in Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Vein Cannulation. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2012, 30:5, 712-716. doi: 10.10116j.ajem 2011.04.019.
4. Miles, Gayla, Newcomb, Patricia, Spear, Dave. Comparison of Dwell-Times of Two Commonly Placed Peripheral Intravenous Catheters: Traditional vs. Ultrasound-Guided. Open Journal of Nursing, 2015, 5, 1082-1088, doi: 10.4236/oin.2015.512115.
5. Data on file. B. Braun Medical Inc. Longer Introcan Safety Echogenicity Visibility Evaluation, Project 1609021.
|DEHP Information||Components Do Not Contain DEHP|
|Latex Information||Components Do Not Contain Natural Rubber|
|PVC Information||Components Do Not Contain PVC|
|Total Shelf Life (Months)||060|
|Units per Case||200|
|Dimensions per Case||11.024 x 11.024 x 7.480 inches|
|Shipping Weight per Case||3.607 lb|