The Nexus TKO® (To Keep Open) Anti-Reflux technology is designed to deliver I.V. Catheter Patency 24/7!™
Nexus TKO®-6P is fighting Infection every second, of every minute, of every hour, every day 24/7. Our patented Tri-Seal™ design provides proven Microbial Barrier Protection 24/7!™ against bacteria transfer and colonization. Nexus TKO® is a performance driven solution designed to reduce occlusions and the high cost of tPA, Heparin and catheter replacements.
• Nexus TKO provides Blood Reflux Protection 24/7!™
• Blood Reflux is a known contributor to CRBSI’s.1,2,3,4
• Power injectable to 325 psi or 10 mL per second5
• Proven to reduce central line occlusions by up to 85%6
• Substantially reduces the cost of tPA (Cathflo®) and Heparin6
• Diminishes the need for expensive drugs to declot PICC/CVC catheter6
TKO® , I.V. Catheter Patency 24/7!™, Blood Reflux Protection 24/7!™ , Microbial Barrier Protection 24/7!™, Tri-Seal™ are trademarks of Nexus Medical LLC
- Timisit JF, Missett b, Carlet J, et al. Central vein catheter-related thrombosis in intensive care patients, risk factors, and relationships with catheter-related sepsis. Chest. 1998:114(1):207-213.
- Mehall JR, Saltzman DA, Jackson RJ, Smith SD, Fibrin sheath enhances central venous infection. Critical Care Med. 202:30(4); 908-912.
- Raad II, Luna M, Khalil SM, Costerton JW, Lam C, Bodey GP,
- Nakazama N. Infectious and thrombotic complications of central venous catheters. Semin Oncology Nurse, 2010:26(2) 121-131.
- Lab results on file at Nexus Medical, LLC
- S Mitch RN CRNI, B Brandmeyer RN BSN, “PICC and Midline Catheter Occlusion Rates: A Prospective Study Comparing the Interlink Split Septum Device versus Nexus TKO Split Septum Pressure Activated Anti-Reflux Diaphragm”.