Ultrasound guidance system for peripheral nerve blocks
Onvision is an Ultrasound based Needle Tip Tracking Technology for Peripheral Nerve Blocks that works exclusively with Xperius® Ultrasound System and the dedicated Stimuplex Onvision needle.
In real-time, Onvision accurately indicates where the needle tip is inside the body, in or out of plane. It allows Anesthesiologists to align the needle with the probe in a user-friendly manner.
ACCURATE1 - Know where you are in real-time
- Tip visualization of superficial and deep blocks
- Ultrasound-based detection and accuracy
- New needle tip tracking technology is designed to help reduce complications when performing PNBs
- Designed to prevent unintended overshooting
PREDICTABLE2 - Helping make First-Time-Right the new standard
- Onvision can lead to a reduction in overall procedure time
- Enables you to see the tip position during the full trajectory to avoid vulnerable structures
- Plug and play application fits in seamlessly into current workflow
- Accurate even when the needle bends3
CONFIDENT2 - 3.0mm tip position accuracy during needle advancement1
- User-Friendly Interface
- Can decrease procedural time2
- Real time guidance to integrate PNB into your daily practice
Ultrasound based Technology for needle guidance
The dedicated Stimuplex Onvision Needle with embedded tip sensor allows the exact detection of the tip location and display this information in real time on the live Xperius Ultrasound image. Needle tip tracking can be used for 2D Mode with the Nerve 0‑4 cm and the Nerve 4‑6 cm preset on the L12-4 transducer and Nerve 6+ cm presets on the C5-2 transducer.
Technical working principle
The Onvision system detects the exact location of the Stimuplex Onvision tip sensor using the three dimensional space of the Ultrasound beam. The technology combines ultrasound image data from the ultrasound system with signals from the needle to accurately locate the position of the sensor on the Onvision Needle. This projects the position of the sensor by overlaying a circle over it on the ultrasound image in real time.
Ultrasound based technology is designed to improve accuracy
- Onvision works up to 10 cm1
- Onvision is shielded against electromagnetic interferences (EMI)4
- Onvision is accurate even when the needle bends3
Needle guidance to the point
Onvision is a straightforward-to-adopt ultrasound guidance system. The needle tip position is indicated by circles that are displayed on the ultrasound image. The circles appear automatically when the needle tip sensor enters the imaging plane.
Onvision helps to see the needle tip and to master the needle beam alignment. With Onvision, users experience a real time guidance which gives them confidence in block success when performing both in and out-of-plane blocks.2
1 Test Report Validation - NTT for PNB, Document Number: D000245353, Philips Medical Systems Nederland B.V.
2 Kåsine, T., et al. Needle tip tracking for ultrasound‐guided peripheral nerve block procedures—An observer blinded, randomised, controlled, crossover study on a phantom model. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2019;00:1–8. https://doi.org/10.1111/aas.13379
3 Test Report Validation - NTT for PNB, Document Number: D000245352, Philips Medical Systems Nederland B.V.
4 Test Report Validation - NTT for PNB, Document Number: D000242378, Philips Medical Systems Nederland B.V.