15% Amino Acids Injection PBP (Pharmacy Bulk Pack)
Plenamine™ 15% Amino Acids Injection in a Pharmacy Bulk Package is a sterile, clear, nonpyrogenic solution of essential and nonessential amino acids for intravenous infusion in parenteral nutrition following appropriate dilution.
Plenamine™ 15% in a Pharmacy Bulk Package is not for direct infusion. It is a sterile dosage form which contains several single doses for use in a pharmacy admixture program in the preparation of intravenous parenteral fluids.
Plenamine™ 15% is indicated as an amino acid (nitrogen) source in parenteral nutrition regimens. This use is appropriate when the enteral route is inadvisable, inadequate or not possible, as when:
- Gastrointestinal absorption is impaired by obstruction, inflammatory disease or its complications, or antineoplastic therapy;
- Bowel rest is needed because of gastrointestinal surgery or its complications such as ileus, fistulae or anastomotic leaks;
- Tube feeding methods alone cannot provide adequate nutrition.
- Plenamine 15% should not be used in patients in hepatic coma, severe renal failure, metabolic disorders involving impaired nitrogen utilization or hypersensitivity to one or more amino acids
- Plenamine 15% Amino Acids is available in a flexible container not made with natural rubber latex, DHP, or PVC. The flexible packaging has a port designed to be easy to spike. Plenamine 15% in a flexible container offers linear and 2D bar coding and has an oxygen sensor designed to detect product integrity.
|Total Shelf Life (Months)||018|
|Units per Case||8|
|Dimensions per Case||15.354 x 11.417 x 7.480 inches|
|Shipping Weight per Case||19.952 lb|