Prontosan is the only wound cleanser that contains both a preservative and a surfactant.
The two ingredients have lower surface tension than each ingredient alone and lower than water and saline solution, allowing for physical removal of wound coatings.
- Available in 1 L bottle, 350 mL bottle and 40 mL ampoule
- Safe to use throughout wound healing and can be used up to 28 days after opening
- Direct application from 350 mL bottle produces up to 7 PSI for selective mechanical debridement
- Rinse or cleanse acute or chronic wounds thoroughly as recommended in the Wound Bed Pathway
- Can be used independently or for further treatment Prontosan Gel or Gel X if indicated
- For cleansing infected and non-infected acute or chronic wounds
- For cleansing, moistening and lubricating wound dressings for the management of ulcers, burns, post-surgical wounds and abrasions
- During dressing changes to loosen encrusted wound dressings