B. BRAUN MEDICAL INC.
Last Updated: 5/10/2019
Anonymous Data Collection
As a matter of principle, you can use B. Braun Medical Inc.’s (“B.Braun”) website (“Site”) without informing us who you are. Unless you submit additional information to B.Braun via the “Contact Us” page, we are informed only of the name of your Internet service provider, the data transmitted to us by your browser and the pages that you visit in our domains. For these purposes, we use the program Adobe Analytics. The information collected by this program is only obtained for statistical purposes. As an individual user you remain anonymous.
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons or clear GIFs) may be used on certain portions of the Site, including the Solutions for Life page (www.bbraunusa.com/solutionsforlife). Through pixel tags we collect information that is not personally identifiable to, among other things, enhance your online experience, track online movements of users of the Site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site. Pixel tags also enable our advertising management partners to learn which advertisements bring users to the Site. Pixel tags may be placed in our advertisements on third party websites by us or by another advertiser who works with our advertising management partners.
Collection, Processing and Transmission of Personal Data
Personal data is only collected when you submit the data yourself, as, for example, in an inquiry form on the “Contact Us” page of this Site. Your personal data will not be transmitted to any third party unless you explicitly indicate that this is your wish.
Consent and Use
The submission of personal or business data (including e-mail addresses, names and addresses) is done on an explicitly voluntary basis. In submitting such data you indicate your consent that such data may be collected, stored, processed or used by and/or disclosed to B.Braun and its affiliates, agents and third party service providers for the purpose of making contact with you, responding to your requests for information, or for other purposes indicated by you, as well as for the protection of our own legitimate business interests. B.Braun may also disclose personal or business data as may be required by law or a court order, subpoena or other similar legal instrument. Your consent to our use of your personal data may be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting B.Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Third Party Sites
We understand the need to protect children's privacy online (we define “children” as minors younger than 13). We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children. We do not knowingly allow children to register with us, communicate with us, or to use any of our online services.
Governing Law and Data Storage
Transfer of Information
In the event B.Braun, one of its divisions or affiliates is ever sold to or acquired by another company, B.Braun reserves the right to transfer ownership of the customer information to the acquiring company.
Social Media Plugins
Within the Internet presence of B.Braun it may occur that contents of third parties are used (so-called “plugins”). These can appear in the form of YouTube videos, RSS-Feeds or graphics of other websites or also by social media pushbuttons, such as for example the share button of Facebook.
If you are on a website of B.Braun, on which contents of third parties are integrated, under certain circumstances a connection will be set up with the respective social network. The content of the pushbuttons may be transmitted to your browser hereby and be integrated into the website hereby. This means that the respective provider always receives the information that your have called the B.Braun website. It is not relevant in this case whether you are a member of a social network or are not logged into such a network. Furthermore, irrespective whether you actually act with the integrated content, information will be automatically collected by the social network. The following data can be transmitted hereby: IP address, browser information and operating systems, screen resolution, installed browser plugins (e.g. Adobe Flash Player), origin of the visitor (if you have followed a link) and the URL of the current website.
If you are logged into one of the social networks during the use of the website of B.Braun, under certain circumstances the information about the call of the website will be linked with your member data and saved. If you are a member of a social network and do not want this data to be transmitted you must logout of the social network before visiting the B.Braun website.
You additionally have the possibility to block social media plugins by add-ons in your browser and therefore to prevent a data transmission.
Plugins of the social network Facebook are integrated on our websites, provider Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo on our website. You will find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/?locale=en_US.
If you do not want Facebook to be able to allocate the visit to our websites to your Facebook user account please logout of your Facebook user account.
You can change your data protection settings at Twitter in the account settings under: https://twitter.com/login?lang=en.
Our website uses functions of the LinkedIn network. The provider is the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. A connection to servers of LinkedIn will be set up with each call of one of our websites, which contains functions of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our websites with your IP address. If you click the "recommend button" of LinkedIn and are logged into your account at LinkedIn, it is possible for LinkedIn to allocate your visit to our website to you and your user account. We would like to point out that we as the provider of the sites neither have any knowledge of the content of the transmitted data, nor their use by LinkedIn.
Our website uses plugins of the YouTube website operated by Google. The operator of the websites is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our websites fitted with a YouTube plugin a connection will be established to the servers of YouTube. It will be communicated to the Youtube server hereby, which of our websites you visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to directly allocate your surf behavior to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
2. The Site is intended to provide general information about B.Braun, its products and services, and, unless otherwise expressly indicated on a particular page, is intended only for the U.S. market. Any information contained on the Site is not meant to replace the information contained on the product labeling or, if you are a patient, to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own health care provider. While B.Braun uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, the Site is not meant to provide specialist advice concerning the products or services of B.Braun. B.Braun makes no warranties or representations as to the Site’s accuracy. B.Braun disclaims all liability and responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
3. Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Neither B.Braun nor any other party involved in creating, producing, developing or maintaining the Site will be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. B.BRAUN DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE SITE WILL BE SECURE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE COMPLETE OR ACCURATE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM B.BRAUN OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. B.Braun also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images or your viewing of any video or audio from the Site.
5. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise through electronic forms included on this Site, including any non-personal data, questions, comments, suggestions, requests or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used without restriction by B.Braun or its affiliates, agents and third party service providers for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, B.Braun is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
To request the use of B.Braun photos, drawings, designs, and images of B.Braun products provided on this Site, in books and other printed materials and on-line and internet locations for educational purposes, please contact B.Braun at email@example.com for more information.
8. Any links or pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties that are provided on this Site are for convenience purposes only. B.Braun has not reviewed all of the third party sites, or the entirety of any third party site, linked to this Site, and any information, products, services or claims on these third party sites are not endorsed, approved, operated or controlled in any respect by B.Braun. Such third party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and the linking to off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
9. By using this Site, you agree not to disrupt or intercept the Site or any of our electronic information posted on this Site or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of this Site, and to abide by all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, rules and regulations.