Infusomat® Space® Large Volume Pump
Choose a category or subcategory
The Infusomat Space large volume infusion pump is designed for acute care adult and pediatric facilities. Weighing only 3 pounds, its smart, compact design allows for flexibility and easy transport within all care settings. The Infusomat Space packs state-of-the-art versatility that promotes efficiencies in the ICU, CCU, NICU, PICU, OR, Med Surg, Emergency Department, Infusion Centers, or Outpatient Care settings.
The Space pump design focuses on the needs of clinicians with an emphasis on intuitive workflow and navigation. To achieve this, B. Braun worked with Healthcare Human Factors, a global leader in developing best practices for human factors testing in healthcare.
During design and validation, the device underwent extensive usability testing with a total of 100 registered, practicing nurses and anesthesiologists participating in eight human factors tests – four formative evaluations and four summative usability tests. It was one of the first infusion pumps to be cleared by the FDA’s new human factor and usability engineering process.
- Independent Modularity: Helps to prevent channel confusion and catastrophic pump failures.
- Efficient Design: Lightweight and compact design takes less space with vertical stacking for increased versatility in healthcare settings.
- Unique KeyGuard™: Non-numeric keypad with simple arrows designed to prevent manual programming errors by forcing user to observe the screen during programming and making it impossible for errors such as zero vs decimal to occur.
- Universal Interface: Same workflow as Perfusor and intuitive design help to reduce staff training time.
- Extensive Drug Library: Up to 1,200 drugs that can include customizable hard and soft limits and clinical advisories.
- Wireless Integration: Allows for complete interoperability.
- Alarm Display: Clearly visible with easily adjustable volume levels.
- MRI Environment: MR Conditional when used with the SpaceStation MRI to allow for the continuous delivery of medications to patients within the MRI suite.